Monday, January 30, 2012

Credit Cards, Costco, & Couponing


I've been reading the Fun, Cheap, or Free Blog and I'm thinking about trying her Costco shopping practices when our new Costco opens in Knoxville. I've come to realize that extreme couponing is just not something I'm interested in. Sure, I enjoy a good coupon every now and then when I actually manage to remember to take the darn things to the store I'm shopping at. I just don't like buying things I can't use right now or even in the near future. I also don't get all the newspaper ads, nor do I want to. Plus, there are certain things I want/need and certain brands {or store brands} I prefer and sometimes there's just not a coupon for what I want.
I am excited about Target's new debit card deal. They link up to your own bank account and you receive 5% cash back on every purchase, no fees, nothing. I'm not sure you all know how often I go to Target, but it's a lot and the savings would rack up!
Now, about credit cards...I don't know. For 1. I'm afraid I wouldn't control myself very well and for 2. I don't like that debt hanging over my head like that! Maybe I will give it a try. It sounds like a good plan if you can control yourself and get a credit card that does cash back on purchases. That Costco card of hers sounds really nice. We don't necessarily need it for credit score reasons, but if we can buy then pay off, it would definitely keep our credit in good standing.
It's between this plan and Dave Ramsey's The Total Money Makeover. Any suggestions?

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment