Tuesday, January 24, 2012

30th Birthday Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

My sweet, sweet husband is turning 30 on the 26th of Jan. He's getting so old, right?? :) Just kidding. Anyway, I made him some cupcakes to take to work that I was pretty excited to try out. I'm really an awful baker but, I love sweets and really, I enjoy baking. I really need to perfect my icing skills and my "fill the cup up half way with batter" skills...haha. {You'll see!}


CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH CUPCAKES


What you need -
  • 1 box of Chocolate Cake Mix - I love Moist Deluxe
  • 1 16oz Sour Cream
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 1/4 Cup of Water
  • 2 Lined Cupcake Pans
  • Homemade icing or Store bought {I used store bought but, will definitely make my own next time!}
  • 1 Package of Refridgerated Pre-cut Cookie Dough {I used the minis and mine were more cake than cookie...so decide which you love more. I bet the regular size pre-cut cookie dough would make it more 50/50!}
























Directions-

Combine cake mixture, eggs, water, and sour cream - mix 2-3 minutes

Fill each cupcake wrapper halfway with the cake mixture

Separate and press 1 pre-cut cookie dough piece into each cupcake wrapper filled halfway with batter

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes then check {I have a gas stove and mine were ready in 20!}

Let cupcakes cool some then frost with your favorite icing! {I used just regular whipped fluffy white icing - maybe a little too rich?}



All done - see how I need to pratice filling the cups halfway?? Haha!







YUM! I liked them and Jerry said they were really good! :)


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment